Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Poor Lex


Sorry I didn't get back on yesterday to finish our vacation recap! During lunch, I realized I needed to take Lex to the doctor. When I was getting him dressed yesterday morning and pulled his shirt over his head, he started crying really hard and held his eye. I couldn't figure out what could have injured his eye. Anyway, throughout the day, he would periodically grab his eye and cry.


I took him in, and the appointment was late enough that Jer could join us -- thank goodness. The appointment was so hard on Lex. The doctor had to flip his eyelid inside out and put some dye in his eye to look for any cuts. It took three people to hold him down and the doctor was shocked at his strength. He called him a bronco and said he was noting in Lex's chart how powerful he is.


The saddest part is that while we were holding him down, Lex would make this sad, pleading eye contact with me or Jer while screaming "Help Me!" We kept trying to tell him that we were helping him, but it just broke our hearts. It took us a while to get over it after we left the doctor's office.


In the end, the doctor couldn't find a reason for his pain, but guessed that all of Lex's crying during the office visit probably dislodged whatever was bugging him. He is rubbing his eye today, but more out of soreness than pain. I just took the photo above, and you can see that his eye is clear and fine!

4 comments:

Jill Miller said...

Poor little Lex!

Neese Family said...

Poor little guy. I hope he gets feeling better soon!

TJ-n-Crystal said...

Awww Poor Lex!!!

Cami said...

I love that picture of him!! Glad you guys are back, and I hope his eye's ok.