Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Whole Year!

This week marks one year since we moved into our house! That is weird to us since we tend to be nomads. This year went by so quickly, it is crazy to think we are finally settled. We are really happy here in Florida. We love the weather, the fun things to do, and the palm trees. We've been so lucky to have so much company come and visit us -- it really makes it feel like home to know that so much of our family has been here.


Below is a recreation of a photo I took when we first looked at the house. It shows you some of the changes we've made. It also shows all our electronics clutter! Oh well.

I am finding that I have an impulse to start looking for real estate right now. I am just so used to moving each year --- the longest we've ever lived at one address was our first apartment in Provo. We were there for two years. Since then, our stays at other addresses (in order) were 13 months, 7 months, 13 months, 13 months, 7 months (our first time buying a home), and 1 month (our temporary housing when we first moved to Florida). We seem to love that thirteen and seven month span! I love looking for new places to live and imagining how we will fit in each house, but there is something to be said for stability.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Em, your place is so bright and open! Love that layout too. I agree Florida is awesome....sun, fun and palm trees! We plan to go back to Disney again this year too!