Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Train Mishaps



A nearby park has the coolest miniature train you can ride on. I decided to take Lex there last Monday and let him ride it since he loves trains so much. We'd been on this train once before, with my nephews at Christmas. This was going to be our first time riding it since Lex's obsession really began, though.


We got to the park just as the train was going to take off on a 25 minute ride. As you can see from the photo, the train is really tiny, and you are really close to the ground as you are riding it. The train went off the track three times right in front of where we were sitting. Then the conductor, who was in his 70's, fell on his back while trying to fix the train. He was able to get up, but he really hurt his back. I felt horrible for him, but I wasn't sure if he wanted a bunch of ladies with preschoolers hovering over him and embarassing him.


Anyway, our train day was over. We'll try again another day.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh no! how awful!