I am sad! Jer and I were at the library several weeks ago and Jer checked out the 1944 Disney Film, "The Three Cabelleros". It stars Donald Duck, and looked horribly boring to me. I really doubted Jer, but Lex LOVED the show! We've renewed this DVD several times since then.Anyway, I have had my qualms about the cigar that José Carioca, the parrot above, had in his mouth. Lex didn't seem to be noticing the cigar, so I forgot my issues. Until tonight when after watching it, Lex walked in with one of his toys hanging out of his mouth like a cigar (it was a hose from a fire truck). He was so proud of himself and really seemed to be expecting me to laugh at his creativity, but it made me so sad that we corrupted him with 1940's cartoons!
Of course, Jeremy laughed! Then he recovered by telling Lex that smoking is yucky.
5 comments:
Funny how much times have changed. He'll know better by the time he gets old enough to go out and buy them!
Hi Emily! Thanks for giving me your blog address! If I don't get to meet you for a while at least I can keep up with your super cute family. Sorry about the '40's cartoon situation, by the way!
Kids always pick up the stuff you don't want them to!
Brionna picked up the work B__S__tonight! These little kids soak up stuff we don't want them to----just like a sponge! We bought food from Popeyes and they gave us the wrong order, I called them and they said to come back, the lady was very critical when I called so, I told them they ought to have to deliver the food to us since they gave ours away and they said B___S___ and I came unglued on them. Bri was going around telling her brother he couldn't say BS--she said it over and over and over. Maybe I should have kept my cool!
Do you remember the candy cigarettes from when we were kids? LOL Well, I didn't grow up to be a smoker, even though I would get a pack of candy ciggy's that even the package looked like a cigarette pack.
I remember this cartoon though. I always loved it. Next time you go to WDW there is a ride that features these characters and songs in the Mexico's Mayan temple at Epcott. It is a boat ride similar to It's a Small World. I bet Lex would like it. You could even take the new little guy on it with you.
Post a Comment