Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sad News


Yesterday, my Grandpa Garl Miller had a heart attack and passed away. I am very sad and this was unexpected. We saw him in July, and he seemed fine and healthy. His funeral will be in Idaho on Friday, and unfortunately, we can't make it. I am just too pregnant at this point.
Grandpa was a man's man. He was great with horses and he was an amazing hunter. I was really proud earlier this year when I heard he went to a special place to hunt buffalo and took down the buffalo with one shot. I don't think he even had to get out of the vehicle to do this! My dad was going to go in November to witness a repeat performance. I am sure they would have had a great time.
The picture above was taken in July of 2006 when Lex was six months old.

3 comments:

TJ-n-Crystal said...

I'm soo sorry Emily!!! My grandpa went in the hospital yesterday with congestive heart failure. Healthy as a horse and then the unexpected like this.If there is anything I can do let me know.

Anonymous said...

Emily and Jeremy,

Sorry for the loss of your grandfather. He's definitely in a much better place now.

Al

Erin said...

Em I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I know how much your grandpa meant to you and your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.